Road are the hard surfaces built for vehicle to travel on
The are three types of road in Tanzania
2. Gravel road
3. Tamar road
Road sign are also known as traffic sign these are sign near the road that given information or instruction to road user. Road sign carry message for road user through symbols, shape and colour where road user road are likes . motorist, cyclist and pedestrian.
Therefore symbols are sign which give message ,order ,information, or direction and temporary condition .
The following are the types of road sign:
These sign warn the road users of dangerous or unusual condition a head .
These sign order the driver to follow the given direction .
These sign give information to the road users.
The three types of road signs are usually enclosed in different shape .They normally help the road user to interpreter the sign
There mainly four colors used with road signs .Red (use for stop represent wrong ), Amber,Green,blue.
-Green It allow user of the road to go
– Blue in most cases is used for the sign that provide give information
Importance of Road signs
1. They make road users aware of what is ahead .
2. The direct road user.
3. They minimize accidents
4. Help road user to use the road safely.
What is an accident?
1. It is any dangerous events which occur in our environment.
2. What is road accidents
Are those bad occasions caused by road users while using the road.
Causes of road accidents
Road accidents have becoming common problem in Tanzania.
There are several factors/ causes which led to the occurrence of road accidents there are;
1. Some drivers are driving while are drunk.
2. Over loading of passengers together with roads.
3. Disobeyed road/ traffic sign by road users.
4. Inadequate maintenance of roads (roads are not well constructed).
5. Carelessness/negligence of driver’s e.g. high speed.
6. A longtime working of drivers with no resting hours.
7. Most drivers not graduate on that work (ineffective training of drivers).
8. Carelessness of pedestrians to cross the road and passing livestock in the road.
9. Overconfidence of drivers.
10. Most of vehicles/cars are too hold to carry passengers.
11. Drivers are forced to rush so faster to meet their own income and their employer’s Income.
12. Lack of safety equipment for services e.g. Fire extinguisher, mechanical safeguards e.t.c
Effects of road accidents
1. Death’s of many people
2. Loss of government income (economic effective)
3. Increase of orphans and widows/widowers
4. Increase of disabled people that are seriously injured
5. Destruction properties which were carried and road destruction.
E. Ways of preventing road accidents
1. Frequent check up of vehicles including their weight and number of passengers
2. Road users should be made aware on road rules and adhere to them accordingly.
3. Traffic regulation and law enforcement departments must work efficiently.
4. Alcohol and drugs should be prohibited when driving.
5. Maintenance of roads and put enough road signs
6. Medical checkup license, physical and mental capabilities for drivers must be investigated
7. Drivers should get ample time to rest
8. Punishment and fines for law violators be initiated.
How to improve road safety?
Road safety can be improved if the following element will be observed.
Traffic road signs should be observed
A system of conducting day to day inspection in order to ensure that the vehicles/ motor vehicles used are in good order.
Putting clearly defined road traffic signs at a particular position
Traffic police should direct vehicles in case of emergency
Improve the weight of the road which allows good accommodation of vehicles and other road uses.
Road safety to disabled, children and elders.
Road re used by different people such as pedestrians, cyclists motorists e.t.c Also children, disabled and elders have a right to use the road.
1. How to help them to cross the road?
Road safety education should be given to all road users so as to avoid accidents
Driver should give them time to cross the road
Education should be provided to them e.g. they should be taught that always cross the road only where is a Zebra crossing or if there no any car coming
This group should be accompanied when crossing the road a person near him/her should help him/her to cross.
Excellentt post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
Extredmely useful information. I care for
such information a lot. I was looking for this certain information for a very
long time.Thank you and good luck.
Way cool! Some very valijd points! I appreciate yoou penning this
post and the rest of the website is also really good.
Nice blog here! Also yoour web site a lot up very fast!
I desire my site loadedd up as quickly as yours…
Wow cuz this iss great work! Congrats and keep it up!
Wow ccuz this iss great work! Congrats and keep it up!
I enjoy reading through your website. Thanks!
I simply want to input that you have ? good website ?nd I enjoy the dewign and also artcles ?n it!
Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article. I
like to write a little comkment to support you.
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wante to say that I’ve
truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
I enjoy what you guys are usually up too. This type of
clever work and reporting! Keep up the very good works guys I’ve added yoou guys to my own video.
Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing…
This iss the perfect blog for anybody who hopes to find out about this topic.
You definitely putt a brand new spinn on a topic which hass been discussed for decades.Wonderful stuff,
Hello! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if
that would be okay. I’m definitely enjoyinng your bloog and look forward too
I have found very interesting your article.It’s pretty worth enough for me.
In my view, if all website owners and bbloggers made good content as you did, the web will bee a lot mire useful than ever before.
I got this site from my pal who shhared with me concerning thiis website and nnow this time I am
browsing this website and reading very informative articles or reviews at this place.
Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after
browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new to me.
Nonetheless, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!