TOPIC 5: CONGRUENCE ~ MATHEMATICS FORM 2
I’m sure you have seen some of the figure which in one way or another one of the shape can become another using turns, flip or slide. These shapes are said to be Congruent. Study this notes carefully to know different ways that can help you to recognize congruent figures.
- Two line segments are Congruent if they have the same length.
- Two angles are Congruent if they have the same measure.
- Two circles are Congruent if they have the same diameter.
- They are Congruent: vertical angles are always of equal measure i.e. a = b, and c = d.
- Sum of vertical angles (all four angles) is 3600 i.e. a + b + c + d =3600
- Sum of Adjacent angles (angles from each pair) is 1800 i.e. a + d =1800 ; a + c =1800 ; c + b =1800 ; b + d =1800.