After Tanzania Mainland had pulled out of the East African Examinations Council, in 1971 and before NECTA was established by Law, in 1973, the Curriculum and Examinations Section of the Ministry of Education was responsible for all examinations.
With the establishment of NECTA, the Examinations became its responsibility in accordance with the law. The Curriculum continued to be under the Ministry of Education and the University College, Dar es Salaam until when it was taken over by the newly established, autonomous Institute of Curriculum Development (ICD) in 1975, which in 1993 was renamed as the Tanzania Institute of Education (TIE).
Between 1972 and 1976 the first staff of NECTA were recruited, among them was Mr. P. P Gandye who was recruited in 1972 and later on in 1994 was appointed as Executive Secretary.
The other staff members continued to be recruited and especially so when NECTA’s premises moved from the Ministry of Education Headquarters to the present premises at Kijitonyama near Mwenge. Presently the number of NECTA’s staff is more than 250.
How to check Your Results | Namna ya Kuangalia Matokeo Ya 2021
- Visit NECTA official website www.necta.go.tz
- Click on “Results” from the Main menu bar.
- Then choose “Results” window will show all Results format available.
- Then Select “Your Exam Type” that is ACSEE, DSEE, GATCE etc.
- Select “Year” that you want to see Results For examples 2021
- Results will open then choose your School using either name or index number to see results of particular school and students.