Qualifying Test (QT)
The Qualifying Test examination will be administered to private candidates inteding to sit for the Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE), but do not have Form II level secondary education.
The Qualifying Test will comprise questions from Civics, Cross Cutting issues, English Language, Kiswahili, Kiswahili, History, Geography, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
Qualifying Test draws as much as possible from the form I and II national syllabus but focus more on testing knowledge and skills equivalent to National Form II Examination.
The main objective of the Qualifying Test is to determine whether the prospective candidates have attained secondary education equivalent to form two level and thus are in a position to sit for the Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE).
The examination will specifically test candidate’s ability to to:
- Interpret basic knowledge, facts, principles, concepts, and figures in the stated subjects.
- State, define and name basic knowledge, facts, principles, and concepts in the relevant subjects.
- Write correct language using proper grammar, structure and vocabulary in the subject tested
- Write a clear summary, answer comprehension questions and write a composition on a given passage, topic or subject.
- Demonstrate and interpret mathematical knowledge within a given context and manipulate set theory and application, and carry out simple differentiation and integration.
- Demonstrate use of knowledge and skills in Physics, Chemistry and Biology to solve problems which may involve unfamiliar situations.
- Use knowledge, concepts, laws, theories and principles of the Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects in daily life.
There will be one paper of three hours (3) hours duration. The paper will consist of 20 questions in sections A and B. Section A will comprise two parts. Part I will be on Civics and current affairs and Part II will be on English and Kiswahili languages. Candidates will be required to answer all questions in section A.
section B will be consist of three parts. Part I will be on History and Geography, part II on Physics and Mathematics and part III on Biology and Chemistry. Candidates will be required to confine themselves to one part only.
SECTION A: CIVICS, CURRENT AFFAIRS AND LANGUAGE
This section will comprise twelve (12) questions, and will weigh 60 marks.
PART I: CIVICS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS
In this part, question numbers one to three will be on Civics content based on forms one and two syllabuses and question number four will be on Current Affairs.
PART II: KISWAHILI AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Will consist consist of eight (8) questions, four (4) from Kiswahili syllabus and four (4) from English language syllabus for forms one and two.
The English language component will comprise four (4) questions. One question will be on composition and another one on comprehension.The third one will be a multiple choice question consisting of five items on English patters. The fourth one will be of the fill-in-the-blanks type, dealing with tenses, and will have five items. Each question will carry 5 marks.
Kutakuwa na maswali manne (4) yatakayotoka katika mada za Kiswahili za kidato cha kwanza na kidato cha pili ambazo ni ufahamu, utungaji, sarufi na uundaji wa maneno. Kila swali litakuwa na alama tano (5).
SECTION B: GEOGRAPHY, HISTORY, PHYSICS, MATHEMATICS, BIOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY
Section B will comprise three (3) parts; each part will have four (4) questions and will weigh 40 marks. candidates will be required to confine themselves to only one part.
PART I: GEOGRAPHY AND HISTORY
Will comprise four (4) questions, two (2) questions will be on Geography and two (2) questions on History. candidates will be required to answer all the questions in this part.
PART II: PHYSICS AND MATHEMATICS
Will comprise four (4) questions, two (2) questions will be on Physics and two (2) questions on Mathematics.
PART III : BIOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY
Will comprise four (4) questions, two (2) questions will be on Biology and two (2) questions on Chemistry.
Qualifying Test Past Papers