POST ICT OFFICER II (APPLICATION PROGRAMMER/WEB DEVELOPER) – 1 POST
POST CATEGORY(S) IT AND TELECOMS
EMPLOYER e-Government Authority (eGa)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-09-07 2021-09-20
JOB SUMMARY N/A
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To accomplish Software Application Development Full Lifecycle by:-
- Designing, coding, and debugging software applications based on various deployment platforms (e.g. web, mobile, desktop etc.), operating systems, programming languages, database management systems, etc., software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis, etc.
- Assist and participate in analysis of user requirements, prototyping, development of new functionalities, maintenance of applications, integration of technological components, testing, deployment,
- Designing, coding and debugging web and mobile based applications in various software languages
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Installation and configuration of appropriate application servers based on the application programs to be supported;
- Support, maintain, and preparation of technical and user documentations for various software functionalities;
- Training and support of software users for effective utilization of deployed systems;
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving routine software application problems;
- Software modelling and simulation;
- Front end graphical user interface design/programming;
- Software testing and quality assurance;
- Performance tuning, improvement, load balancing, usability, automation;
- Integrate software with existing systems;
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation;
- Working closely with analysts, designers and other staff;
- Producing detailed technical specifications and software code documentation;
- Production system maintenance and support;
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc/BEng in IT/IS/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from a recognized institution
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Technical knowledge in determining end-to-end software requirements specification and design.
- Working knowledge of various software languages [PHP (mandatory), Java (mandatory), C/C++, .NET, Python] will be added advantage.
- Advanced knowledge in DHTML, HTML5, CSS & CSS3, Java Script, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, SAPUI5 Photoshop, and Responsive Web Design will be added advantage.
- Practical skills on Object Oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
- Hands-on experience with development in Java/JEE environments
- Knowledge in containerization and micro services application development approaches.
- Experience in SOAP/REST/Web Services, Application Servers (Apache, Apache Tomcat, Web Logic etc.)
- Experience in Spring Framework (Spring MVC) and other similar application development frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins, Git, Junit, etc.
- Experience/knowledge on JSON, XML, and other similar data exchange protocols.
- Sound knowledge in: Git, Grid System (Sussy Grid), Node JS, AngularJS, Gulp JS, SASS, Twitter Bootstrap, and Bower will be added advantage.
- Experience/knowledge on AngularJS and other front-end development languages and tools.
- Strong knowledge on MySQL and Postgre SQL Database Management Systems. Knowledge on MS SQL Server, Oracle and other DBMS will be added advantage.
- Possession of a relevant recognized ICT professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Practical knowledge and skills relevant to the position will be added advantage
- Familiarity with software code versioning and repository systems
- Familiarity with CI/CD methodology and tools.
- Possession of relevant recognized ICT professional certification will be an added advantage.
REMUNERATION Attractive remuneration Package
The deadline for submitting the application is 20 September 2021.