Job Opportunity – Data Management Associate at UNHCR
Data Management AssociateFull Time
Dar es Salaam
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Data Management Associate is normally supervised by a professional staff member who provides the incumbent with general guidance and workplans. The incumbent works quite independently with an oversight from the supervisor. S/he may directly supervise some support staff.
Contracts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of databases used in the Operation, including planning and overseeing data collection, input and verifications; production of standard and ad hoc reports.
– Generate statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
– Provide training, as necessary, to UNHCR staff as well as staff-members of implementing partners in relevant aspects of data management.
– May be required to coordinate with the GIS colleagues to ensure that data collection is compatible with GIS.
– Archive and backup database systems; ensure security of databases; perform database administrator functions.
– Assist in development of new applications/databases needed by the UNHCR Offices/Units in area of responsibilities in order to perform their tasks smoothly.
– Ensure that the clients’ databases are up-to-date by identifying and keeping what is relevant and accurate in an accessible manner.
– May be required to support registration activities including ProGres technical support and on-site assistance.
– May be required to support voluntary repatriation activities including reconciliation of VolRep data from country of asylum and encashment centers, verification of Voluntary Repatriation Forms (VRFs) and coordination with VolRep Centers (VRCs) on information issues.
– Develop forms and tools for data collection and analysis.
– Have access to relevant data and records.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
DM-ArcGIS (Geographic Information System)
TR-Training – Virtual and face to face
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of it recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Qualified female and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Shortlisted Candidates will be required to sit for a test
In case of difficulties with application process, please contact email: [email protected]