Job Opportunity at UNDP, Human Resource Associate
UNDP is the UN’s global development network whose focus is to help countries build and share solutions to the challenges of sustainable development as informed by the 2030 sustainable development agenda. The overall focus for UNDP Tanzania is to support the Government of Tanzania to improve lives of the people through strategic programmatic areas of Inclusive Democratic Governance, Inclusive Economic Growth and Sustainable Livelihoods and Environment Sustainability, Climate Change and Resilience.
As one of the original eight pilot countries for the UN Reform initiative Delivering as One, Tanzania is a global leader in advancing reforms of the UN system, with a view to support accelerated harmonization in implementation practices, coherence in programming, and alignment with national systems, intended to produce a reduction in transaction costs and enhanced development impact.
Deepening reform will require new and even more innovative ways for the UN agencies to work together. Programme planning, resource mobilization, evaluation, and review activities will be done collaboratively. There will be increased harmonization of UN policies, procedures and tools, possibly leading towards the establishment of a One UN Operations Team.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Human Resources Analyst, the HR Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient HR services in CO. The HR Associate promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and supports to the maintenance of high staff morale.
The Human Resources Associate can supervise clerical and support staff of the HR Unit. The HR Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex HR-related issues and information ex-change.
Under the direct supervision of Human Resources Analyst the national UN Youth Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
1. Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results:
Full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework.
CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management, control of workloads of the supervised staff.
Provision of information to the management and staff on strategies, rules and regulations.
2. Provides HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
Implementation of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process,
vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in inter-view panels.
Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up
vendor, performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts
(fixed-term, ALD, SSAs, SCs) and recurring Pos in Atlas. Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues.
Input and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries,
adjustments and separations through Atlas.
Maintenance of the CO staffing table.
Preparation of submissions to the Local Compliance Review Panel.
Provision of information on benefits/entitlements to the International Staff and Experts.
Maintenance of the rosters including e-rosters.
Validation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
3. Ensures proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
Provision of background information and maintenance of the related data acting as Secretary of CRG.
Participation in preparation of Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the Senior Management and Learning Manager.
4. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR issues.
Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
5. Overall media monitoring on UNDP related issues, including in creating an updated media and partners contact list
6. Support communication team in implementation of the UN communications strategy and UNDP’s PCAP; creating public awareness on the effectiveness and impact of the UNDP’s work in Tanzania; maintenance and updating of the UNDP website and social media pages, preparation of press releases, media advisories, talking points, speeches, web content, articles and general correspondence, among others.
7. Assist the communication team in the organization of key events and communication opportunities, such as major conferences, workshops, discussions and report launches. Including graphic designing of reports, infographics, case studies.
8. Analytics compiling and reporting, including creating a knowledge repository of communication and partnership related aspects for the organization.
9. Research and monitor relevant websites and social media channels as needed to feed content into the work of the communications team.
10. To undertake other assignments as may be decided from time to time by the supervisors.