Background of TABD
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a government institution operating under the Ministry of Finance and Planning. Established in 2012 TADB is registered under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012.
The bank has the following key objectives:
- To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
- To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
- To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second – Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
- To build on existing Agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
- To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
- To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas
PRINCIPAL CREDIT APPRAISAL OFFICER 1 vacancy – dsm
Nature and scope:
The job holder reports to the Credit Appraisal Manager. He/She is responsible in conjunction with the Credit Appraisal Manager in the appraising projects and maintaining client relationships.
- To examine incoming applications/facilities requests for correctness and completion.
- To advice clients on financial and economic issues that could affect their credit application.
- To appraise credit applications.
- To prepare reports pertaining to credit facilities management.
- To monitor credit facilities and projects and ensure proper use of funds.
- To follow up and ensure adequate servicing of credit facilities.
- To maintain close follow-up of irregular accounts and report on them.
- To negotiate repayments in the case of default by clients.
- Assist in providing training and business advisory services to clients.
- To ensure the necessary and relevant bank records, e.g. loan files, are kept and updated as required.
- To carry out any other duties assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
- Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Master’s degree/post graduate qualification in Economics, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Finance, Accounts, Banking or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in credit assessment and or relationship banking at Senior Officer level.
- Ability to develop action plans to achieve work outputs, identify resources required, and implement the action plan.
- Ability to identify areas where the bank can be more effective, and propose plans to implement these changes.
- Ability to take responsibility for meeting client needs and identify opportunities for improving client services.
- Demonstrates trust in working with colleagues, helps others in achieving targets and gives open and constructive feedback.
- Ability to analyze the process required in undertaking a piece of work in order to plan tasks.
- Required experience related to financially distressed loans and restructuring in a bank is preferred.
- Proven skills and working experience in credit risk assessment with particular emphasis on Agriculture projects lending.
- Solid understanding of credit and risk management; detail- oriented; quantitative analysis skills would be an advantage.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through this email, email@example.com
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application
- Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
The deadline for submitting the application is 4.00pm on Thursday, the 22nd July 2021