Background of TABD
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a government institution operating under the Ministry of Finance and Planning. Established in 2012 TADB is registered under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012.
The bank has the following key objectives:
- To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
- To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
- To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second – Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
- To build on existing Agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
- To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
- To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas
HEAD OF RISK AND COMPLIANCE (Re- Advertised) 1 VACANCY
Nature and scope:
The Job holder reports to the Managing Director’s Office. He/she is responsible for facilitating the development and implementation of sound risk management practices and technologies for the bank and in collaboration with business units and other specialists, partnering with them in identifying best practices and gaps controls. He/she carries out risk assessment of new processes and procedures as well as of products and services, and provides policy recommendations based on findings. He/she coordinates the bank’s compliance function in liaison with the Legal Services Division and other business units.
- To develop a sound long term strategic direction and implementation plan for the bank’s risk policies.
- To manage and review the adequacy of risk analysis processes, risk ratings and stress testing as part of Credit and Investment Risk processes.
- To provide mechanisms for the bank’s compliance with risk capital allocation subject to regulatory requirements.
- To ensure that the bank is in compliance with all the applicable internal policies and procedures as well as external legal and regulatory requirements.
- To prepare, review risk management reports and ensure limit excesses, exceptions and non-compliances are promptly addressed.
- To review credit reports prepared by the Credit Risk Officer and make appropriate recommendations where a product is leading to higher losses and prepare early warning reports.
- To coach, mentor and develop junior risk specialists and ensure consistent application and interpretation of risk policies by all the bank’s staff.
- To review adequacy and appropriateness of the information used in the evaluation of the customer credit applications done by the relevant Credit Officer.
- To ensure continuous improvement of the Management Information System and reports (related specifically to Credit risk but also to other risks) to ensure they remain relevant, reflect credit/other risk appetite and are useful to provide the management with information for use in decision making.
- To monitor, report and provide recommendations on the bank’s credit and business governance standards.
- To develop and revise risk requirements documentation for various aspects of strategic solutions.
- To review and approve products/services programmes and ensure all risk requirements are met before rollout of the products or services.
- To identify and investigate the root causes of errors/frauds and provide recommendations on solutions and follow-ups.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager/ Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounts, Insurance, Banking or related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience of which 4 must be at a senior position in a Risk and Compliance department.
- Ability to develop action plans to achieve work outputs, identify resources required, and implement the action plans.
- Ability to review business outcomes with colleagues and the Management from time to time.
- Ability to identify areas where the bank can be more effective, and propose plans to implement these changes.
- Ability to take responsibility for meeting internal and external client needs.
- Demonstrates trust in working with colleagues, helps others in achieving targets and gives open and constructive feedback.
- Ability to analyze the processes required in undertaking various types of work in order to plan tasks effectively.
- Ability to produce original well composed letters and reports.
- Ability to run meetings effectively through technical persuasiveness.
- Strong understanding of risks involved in banking and finance, and how they are identified, measured and managed/ mitigated.
- Highly developed skills in credit risk management.
- Good understanding of and capacity to manage other risks such as liquidity, market, operational, reputational, and systems risks.
- Capacity for effective and efficient enterprise-wide risk management.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through this email, [email protected]
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application
- Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
The deadline for submitting the application is 4.00pm on Thursday, the 22nd July 2021