APHFTA is an Umbrella organization of the Private Health Sector (Self Sustaining) in Tanzania. APHFTA is looking for qualified, experienced, and interested individuals to apply for the following positions at APHFTA headquarters and regional offices under the SAFE VMMC (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision) Tohara Salama Project:
Position Title: Deputy Director Project Coordination (1 position)
Reports to: Technical Director-SAFE VMMC Project
Supervisory role: Regional Coordinators (5)
Location: APHFTA HQ-Dar es salaam
Deputy Director Project Coordinator will ensure that project outputs and outcomes are delivered successfully. She/he will be accountable for building and leading regional project teams to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost, and quality constraints. S/he will provide strong project leadership ensuring good project management disciplines and ways of working are in place among the team. S/he will also coordinate the documentation of Project’s learnt lessons from the regions and consider how to align incentives to help deliver the project’s objectives. S/he will lead a diverse and multi-disciplinary project team including making sure the team has the diversity of capability needed. S/he will provide clear direction and build a delivery-focused culture including maintaining morale, driving performance and a positive culture throughout the project life cycle.
- At least 5 years of experience working with United States Government (USG) funded VMMC and or HIV/AIDS projects preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in any health-related field, social sciences, or any relevant field (or equivalent work experience) required. Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with project management and continuous improvement methodologies, people development, mentoring and management experience.
- Advanced project and change leadership skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to create teams with ability to deliver strict targets
- Strong relationship management skills required.
- Experience developing, analyzing, and recommending strategic approaches to efficiently drive project activities’ implementation
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of the workings of the National AIDS Control Program (NACP), Regional, and Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMTs) in implementing USG funded project
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities, negotiation and consensus building skills, group facilitation
- Proven capabilities and leadership in project and change management
INSTRUCTIONS TO INTERESTED APPLICANTS
APHFTA is an equal opportunity employer and the positions are open to all qualified candidates. Women are highly encouraged to apply. Eligible candidates should submit their updated detailed CV with list of three referees (one must be the current immediate supervisor) with their current contacts (Max. five pages in Ms. Word), application letter for the position being applied and copies of academic certificates to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA),
O1 Lumumba/Makamba Street
P.O. BOX 13234,
DA ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
E-mail: [email protected]
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION
The closing date is 17thSeptember 2021 at 18:00 EAT. Late submission, will not be considered for evaluation.