APHFTA is an Umbrella organization of the Private Health Sector (Self Sustaining) in Tanzania. APHFTA is looking for qualified, experienced, and interested individuals to apply for the following positions at APHFTA headquarters and regional offices under the SAFE VMMC (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision) Tohara Salama Project:
Position Title: Deputy Director Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (1 position)
Reports to: Technical Director-SAFE VMMC Project Department: Programs
Supervisory role: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Manager
Location: APHFTA HQ- Dar es Salaam
The Deputy Director MEL oversees the monitoring, evaluation, and learning components of the project. S/he leads the development and management of the MEL Plan. S/he develops and maintains systems to collect data and leads analysis to produce information on inputs, outputs, outcomes, and impact of the project. S/he collaborates with and oversees regional data managers to provide feedback on data collection and indicators; analyzes data reported; and supports training of M&E personnel in data quality assurance methods. S/he collaborates with the project team to design operations research (OR) to support learning, evaluation, and planning, and oversees the implementation of OR projects as well as analysis, dissemination, and use. S/he shares MEL data and improvement plans as well as strategies for implementation improvements for greater project impact with the project team.
Desired Qualification/ Competence
- Master’s degree or its International Equivalent required in monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography, social science, economics, or relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience related to monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on United States Government (USG) projects related to HIV/AIDs.
- Experience in the design and implementation of M&E systems for USG-funded projects, (particularly USAID), preferably in Tanzania.
- Strong understanding of HIV/AIDS data and HIV/AIDS indicators.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, supervising and reporting Project Baseline Studies, Mid- and End-line Studies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.4
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Mastery of the design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative data collection methodologies; experience with complexity-aware monitoring and adaptive management models is desired.
- Computer skills, including MS Office, Access and Excel, and mobile/internet data collection software (ODK, Kobo, Survey Monkey and others);
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage and coordinate with diverse staff to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Fluency in English and Swahili required
INSTRUCTIONS TO INTERESTED APPLICANTS
APHFTA is an equal opportunity employer and the positions are open to all qualified candidates. Women are highly encouraged to apply. Eligible candidates should submit their updated detailed CV with list of three referees (one must be the current immediate supervisor) with their current contacts (Max. five pages in Ms. Word), application letter for the position being applied and copies of academic certificates to:1
Chief Executive Officer,
Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA),
O1 Lumumba/Makamba Street
P.O. BOX 13234,
DA ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
E-mail: [email protected]
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION