Job Opportunities at NIMR ~ ARTISAN (PLUMBER)
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980.
NIMR-Mwanza Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance.
On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of NIMR Mwanza is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill the following vacant position whose duty station will be in Mwanza City.
JOB POSITION: ARTISAN (PLUMBER) (1 POST)
The candidate will be responsible for the institute’s plumbing works and repairs systems in the main NIMR buildings, research units; Health Center, Garage and NIMR staff Quarters.
The Artisan (Plumbing) will report and work under the Head of the Human Resources and Administration Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To carry out routine plumbing related maintenance and repair works for the institute’s main office buildings, research units, Health Center, Garage and NIMR staff Quarters;
2. To carry out inspection of works and submit defect report to the centre administrator for corrective actions;
3. To design and carry out new installation of plumbing systems;
4. To maintain and repair clean and waste water system at IMR’s premises; and
5. To perform other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
1. Holder of certificate of Secondary Education with at least a VETA Trade Test I or II in plumbing from recognized Technical Institution;
2. Have three years of working experience in Plumbing works;
3. Self-motivated; able to work independently under minimal supervision to complete tasks and report to work supervisors;
4. A team player with a strong planning and organization skills with ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines;
5. The applicant should be a Tanzanian not aged above 45 years of age.
TERMS EMPLOYMENT FOR ALL POSTS:
Six Months to one year employment contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be based at NIMR-Mwanza centre.
A competitive salary will be offered as per the Government of Tanzania salary scales.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be enclosed with certified copies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae.
Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Applicants are also reminded to indicate reliable day time contact information.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please submit your application to:
The Centre Director,
NIMR Mwanza Centre,
P. O. Box 1462,