After Tanzania Mainland had pulled out of the East African Examinations Council, in 1971 and before NECTA was established by Law, in 1973, the Curriculum and Examinations Section of the Ministry of Education was responsible for all examinations.
With the establishment of NECTA, the Examinations became its responsibility in accordance with the law. The Curriculum continued to be under the Ministry of Education and the University College, Dar es Salaam until when it was taken over by the newly established, autonomous Institute of Curriculum Development (ICD) in 1975, which in 1993 was renamed as the Tanzania Institute of Education (TIE).
Between 1972 and 1976 the first staff of NECTA were recruited, among them was Mr. P. P Gandye who was recruited in 1972 and later on in 1994 was appointed as Executive Secretary.
The other staff members continued to be recruited and especially so when NECTA’s premises moved from the Ministry of Education Headquarters to the present premises at Kijitonyama near Mwenge. Presently the number of NECTA’s staff is more than 250.
Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE)
This is offered to candidates who have completed two years of secondary education (Advanced Level) and have had Three Credits at CSEE Level.
The Examination Calendar
The ACSEE is administered on the first week of May every year.
The objectives of ACSEE
The objectives of this examination are:
- To assess the learner’s knowledge and ability to pursue with further education such as diploma and degree courses
- To examine the extent to which the learners can use the skills gained to meet the social, political, economic and technological challenges for the individual and the national development at large
Therefore, candidates at this level are expected to possess the following skills in a broad range of activities: knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
Eligibility of Candidates who Seats for the Examination
This examination is offered to candidates who have completed two years of secondary education (advanced level) and have had three credits at CSEE level.
How to check Your Results | Namna ya Kuangalia Matokeo Ya Kidato Cha Sita 2021
- Visit NECTA official website www.necta.go.tz
- Click on “Results” from the Main menu bar.
- Then choose “Results” window will show all Results format available.
- Then Select “Your Exam Type” that is ACSEE.
- Select “Year” that you want to see Results For examples 2021
- Results will open then choose your School using either name or index number to see results of particular school and students.