President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government
The establishment of the Ministry of Regional Administration and Local Government is enshrined in the Constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania Articles 8 (1) 145 and 146 of 1977 and many other amendments that followed.
In 1982 the Union Parliament passed the District Authorities Act No 7 (Cap 287) and the Urban Authorities Act No 8 (Cap 288). These two Acts gave mandate to the Minister responsible for Local Authorities to establish Local Authorities in Districts, Villages, Urban Areas, Townships and Mitaa.
FUNCTIONAL ROLE AND SCOPE:
PO-PSMGG’s role is to assist the Head of the Public Service (the Chief Secretary) in matters of personnel and administration pertaining to Public Service in the entire government system. According to the Government Notice No.144 of 2016 on Ministerial Responsibilities, the specific functions of PO- PSMGG embrace:
- Policies on Administrative, e Government, Public Service Housing, Archives and Records Management and Human
- Resource Management and their Implementation
- Administration of Public Service
- Performance Contracts
- Human Resources Development and Planning
- Payroll Management
- Public Service Ethics
- Management Services, Public Service Performance
- Establishment of Executive Agencies
- Retired State Leaders Services
- Coordination of Accountability and Transparency
- Public Sector Reforms
- Performance Improvement and Development of Human
- Resources under this office
- Extra-Ministerial Departments, Parastatal Organisations,
- Agencies, Programmes and Projects under this office.
The vision of PO-PSM reflects the broader poverty reduction development agenda of the Government as stipulated in the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (NSGRP)
The vision of PO-PSM is therefore stated as follows:
To become a global institution of excellence enabling Public Service in delivering quality services thereby contributing to the achievement of high economic growth, reduction of poverty and better well – being of all Tanzanians by the year 2025
Its mission is:
To ensure that the Public Service is effectively and efficiently managed, through improved human resources management, systems and structures.
wow, awesome post.Thanks Again. Really Cool.
Very good blog. Keep writing.
I appreciate you sharing this article.Much thanks again.
Im thankful for the blog post.Thanks Again. Fantastic.