NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
POST 1: APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER SPECIALIST
To participate in the study of banking operations and processes; design, build, test proposed solutions or modify/upgrade existing applications; to meet key strategic goals.
To actively participate in systems/projects scoping, design and pricing exercises as part of the development and business teams’ processes.
Work with Senior Manager Applications Development to ensure resource utilization targets are met in alignment with strategic objectives.
Develop new products quickly or modify existing ones with flexibility, hence improve time to market, and internal processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. In Computer Science, Engineering or related field with informatics as core.
- Experience in multiple development languages in medium to enterprise systems, e.g. PHP, C#, Java, etc.
- Agile/Scrum and/or Oracle/Microsoft SQL MySQL, PostgreSQL certifications is an added advantage.
- Proved experience with coding languages Java and PHP is a must; Python is an added advantage.
- Experience with a variety of MVC frameworks/systems preferably Spring, Laravel, Django; Angular is an added advantage.
- 5+ years’ experience in a software development industry.
- Experience with integrations with Bank products/systems is an added advantage.
- Business Processes Management certification is of an added advantage (e.g. Six Sigma, BPM…etc)
Bachelor’s Degree – Information Technology, Experience in a similar environment
POST 2: DATABASE AND SERVERS ANALYST
Database and Servers Specialist is;
Responsible to manage implementation, maintenance and enhancement of all infrastructure Services including Servers, Databases, Messaging & Storage services.
Enable the use of appropriate technology platforms as an integral and reliable component of business process within the bank.
Drive convergence of technologies, ensure delivery of technology projects associated with infrastructure services, liaise and negotiate with internal customers and technology vendors.
Maintain the availability and reliability of all infrastructure Services including servers, databases and storage to ensure that IT can effectively meet service level targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree or Equivalents Computer Science
- Microsoft Certified (MCTS, MCSE), RHCA, ITIL v3, VMware Technical Certification (Preferred), Oracle certified Associate (OCA)
- Cloud Computing (Azure and AWS) (Preferred)
- Working experience with Microsoft software, Linux, Database (Oracle, MS SQL)
- 3-5 years of working experience in IT infrastructure
- High degree of commercial awareness with sound understanding of key contractual obligations and risks to maximize benefits
- Familiarity with Scrum agile framework
- Strong system diagnostic troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of ITIL processes and associated concepts.
- Excellent communication and presentation experience.